Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pineapple Upside Down Cake


Last week my Coco asked me to help her make a pineapple upside down cake since I had made one before. Did I? I searched this blog for it and couldn't find it anywhere. Then I checked Dantania and lo and behold there it was! I had written it and made the cake before I ever started this here blog. Isn't it strange that she would remember that but not me? Either way we got started after a struggle to get to Ralph's.


I hate Santa Monica Blvd. traffic. As bad as it is for the person driving, as a passenger not only am I pissed to be in it I have to listen to a pissed off driver and all the other lunatics on the road. And for whatever reason we're getting summer time weather so that didn't help my half asleep mood. The ingredients are very few for making this. Brown sugar, butter, canned pineapples, those sweet ass cherries in a jar, cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.


You lay the pineapples and cherries in the pan with brown sugar and let it sit there while you make the cake mix. Coco wanted to add more cherries so we did. I poured it in, measuring be damned, and popped them in the oven.

This is what happens when you don't measure.

I need to start measuring. When it was baking I saw that it was coming over the side and threatening to drip into the oven which, while smelling delicious, would suck to have to clean up. After they were done and cooled off it was time to flip them over and hope that they didn't look a hot mess.


Thankfully they both came out fine and we ate some of the rectangle shaped one. Coco added some candles and had me blow them out since my birthday was last week. I'm glad she asked me to help make these because I did want to make a cake last week and never got around to it with work and such. Plus, she actually helps clean up while I am cooking which I am used to being the one to do.

No comments: