Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cupcakes, Sandwiches, and Burgers

I have been slacking on my food blog which is sad. It really is because I’ve been broke and not going out to eat as much as I used to. But I have gone out some and either forgot to bring my camera like when I went to Toast last week. They redid the place. New look, slower service, and even smooth jazz. But the burger was great. Here is a rundown of some of the stuff I’ve had in the last month or so.


For my birthday last month Miss E. got me a treat from La Pain that was awesome. It looks like it’s a solid cake but when I cut it in half it had this amazing filling. I planned on eating just half of it but ended up finishing it a half hour later. Pastries and cakes are not safe around me.


Mrs. Justice gave me a red velvet cupcake she had leftover and goddamn that had to be the sweetest thing I have ever eaten! You ever eat something so sweet that it makes your teeth hurt? Yeah. That. It was good but it hurt like hell when I let it sit in my mouth.


Cam and I went to Numero Uno and I decided to get something other than pizza for once. I had the chicken Parmesan sandwich with fries. It was very good and just the right size. The fries were hot as the eighth circle of hell so be careful. I always love coming to this place and chilling and having a good conversation.


Last, Cam took me to Five Guys on Wilshire. This is the new burger place to go to! The burger was great and the fries were ridiculous! I don’t know what kind of crack their sprinkle on them but it had me hooked. We got it to go but the place seemed cool and the service was nice. Good prices and friendly staff. I’ll be going here again in a couple weeks.

No comments: