Friday, August 6, 2021

Double Fat Tours!!!

JP came to visit! She arrived in late May and stayed till early June but we managed to squeeze in two Fat Tours. For those of you that don't know, Fat Tours are when we go to three or more places and eat. During the first tour we went to Tacos Tu Madre which she told me about even though she was halfway across the country. We went and while it was good I was bummed out that her tacos were so cold. Between grabbing the food and getting to my place it was less than five minutes and I waited ten to even get my food.



This is out of order. First we went to this pupusa called El Guanaco. I thought I had eaten a pupusa before until I opened the bag and asked what this bread was. JP explained it was a pupusa. They were all very good and I would like to try getting more at other places. Its near Western on Santa Monica Blvd. and very easy to miss because it is tucked in a corner.



Lastly for this tour we went to SK Donuts and didn't go wild with the amount that we got. I guess you could say that we enjoyed it based on the fact that we had already ate all the four we got and I remembered to take a photo of this last uneaten Oreo donut from there. Don't sleep on their turkey croissant sandwiches!



During the second Fat Tour we went to Inti's because JP loves that place. You should have seen the smile on her face when she started eating. She was so happy. We got our usual along with yucca fries for the first time. I had never had them before. They were okay. Barely had a taste and needed a dipping sauce that was strong and tasty. I ordered an Inca Cola which is the best but got brought a grapefruit and mango drink that was horrible and asked for what I actually ordered. I think the guy was new. I'd never seen him before. Otherwise everything was great as usual and I was stuffed.



Its all downhill from here. We went to this ice cream spot on 3rd called Ginger's Divine Ice Cream. It was okay. I got rocky road and it tasted like pretty much any rocky road I've ever had. JP got one which I can't recall and she was not a fan. It didn't help that the girl behind the counter asked her to leave and taste her sample like JP had just whipped out a gun. Likely will never go back. By the way, we walked there and it was hot as balls and JP had on flip flops.



Last we got donuts from this place called Sidecar. Its rather new and we got about five flavors and two of one that was said to be the most popular. Fuck this place. Every donut was gross or just barely okay. The most popular one tasted like someone soaked it in ocean water and let it dry. I don't think we finished a single donut from this place. And it was expensive. I don't mind paying extra for a donut if they are good and fancy but this place was a rip off combined with the fact that their products are nasty. They do have nice packaging though.


No comments: