Saturday, March 31, 2018

March Fat Tour 2018


JP and I had an official Fat Tour last week. Click here if you want to listen to our live reactions to soda tasting. It was very fun. The first place we headed to was Good Girl Dinette. Parking was free because it was Sunday but that also meant there was a shit ton of cars everywhere. JP had a taste of this place before from a non-Dante food tour but she did not have the awesome chicken sandwich that I ordered along with bionic garlic fries. I also got a tangelo orange soda even though we were heading to an actual soda place because I'm a fat ass sometimes. JP got this big ass glass noodle salad with huge pieces of really good steak. Super full but this was just the first stop.


Next up was Galgo's. This is the spot that started this whole thing. JP found out about Galgo's which had a ton of sodas. Neither of us are huge soda drinkers but whatever. We wanted to get some weir, new sodas so we did. The only rule was to not get anything that we had before. We ended up with thirteen different flavors. Here is what JP had to say about a couple of the ones she took home.


“The ginger ale I'll give a 5/10. It does not skimp on the ginger flavor in the least but I'm also not a huge fan of cold tea so I couldn't get over it. I drank about one third of it and threw the rest out. This (Nesbitt's Peach) don't taste like no peach. It reminds me of Postobon because as soon as I tasted it I was like 'Lies! This ain't peach and it tastes like bootleg Kool-Aid.' Then as I kept drinking it I switched it to 'it tastes like sparkling Kool-Aid. I'd give it a 7/10 because I'll probably finish the bottle. Dang! That's good root beer is REALLY good. I took a sip of it and decided that I was going to eat it with my dinner. I'd buy it again. 9/10. This 'blood orange' (Lorina Blood Orange) is regular ass orange soda. I got hit with the Okie doke. It's still good but doesn't taste like what I thought it would. I'd give it a 7/10.”

We tried to Virgil's together and it was horrible. The Lemmy tasted like Joy dishwashing liquid but JP gave it a better score than I did. The butterscotch beer was surprisingly really good. The Jamaican pineapple was good as well as the Russian lemonade. The next time we head here I will try some even stranger flavors and hopefully not taste anything that makes me want to run and spit it out.

We ended up at two donut places. The first was Donut Friend. There was a line that moved fast when you knew what you wanted. We got two of the best tasting caramel donut ever. It was for reals caramel and not the crusty kind I am used to getting. None of these were terrible but we jacked up by starting with such a good one. The fruity one was really good even the next day and the Butterfinger one did not try and choke me out with its peanut butter inside. Would definitely go to this place again.


The next place was Colorado Donuts which was located right next to an abortion clinic. So yay. The Snicker one was so damned good I wish I had more of it. As JP put it “I just wanna let you know that that Snickers donut from Colorado Donuts was magical. Two days later it was still soft and biting into the donut and Snickers at the same time complemented each other. I'd get it again and try the other candy bar stuffed donuts.” The S'More one was really soft and good and they managed to hide a thin layer of marshmallow and chocolate inside. This was a very successful fat tour and I can not wait for the next one.

No comments: