Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tatsu Ramen and El Diner

I got to go to two new food places last week. The first place is a ramen spot over on Melrose right before La Brea. It is called Tatsu and we went on a Friday night and the place was packed. I'm talking line to the door packed. Thankfully the food is made pretty quickly and you order your food in line through a few tablets. The place clears out as fast as it fills up so we were able to get a seat at the window inside. Each of us got soul ramen. Koko got the one with an egg in it while I did not. You can pick how much garlic, the type of broth, and how spicy or strong you want it. There are even vegan options if you want. I'm gonna try this place again for sure and since they deliver that makes this more likely.

The next place I went to was El Diner with Cam. This place is right next to the El Rey theater on Wilshire. We went here before a show and since she had been here before and said they were good I wanted to try it. Again. You'd be surprised at how hard it is to find good Mexican food in Los Angeles. Everyone has their favorite but most are not that good. This place was good but if I could suggest anything it would be more of everything. I got a chicken burrito that was good but just needed more everything but rice. The cheese, salsa, and sour cream were all on one end and not much. It was good but I would've liked more. The guacamole and chips were really good and I'd love a big ass plate of those.  

No comments: