Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Noodles Station Thai Street Food


After the hike that almost killed me, Cam called me later that evening and asked if I wanted to go to dinner. At first I suggested Pinche's. Then I thought of this place we went to for my birthday a few years back called Shin but Cam is smart and told me to check if they were still open. They weren't. So I thought of how good @Bangkok formerly King & I was so we went there. When we arrived we saw a sign that said Noodles Station Thai Street Food and we panicked. Was this a new place? Were they gone?! No. They just changed their name once again.

Please stop that.

We started with the chicken wontons which were not on the menu anymore. I am not sure why they'd leave it off and only show a vegetarian version. We had to ask if they still made them an it turns out they do. These things are incredible and need to be back on the menu where you can see them.

The return of Cam and her attacking hand!

Cam got this chicken dish that was so damn good. There is this red Thai sauce that when you tore off pieces of the chicken and dipped it made your mouth explode. Double the size of it and we're all good. It was cut into four pieces and big enough for two people.


I got the chicken tom yum soup which is something that I always enjoy but rarely get. You eat it too fast and you will have your sinuses cleared up pretty quickly. This was enough for me and Cam (I had about two servings) as well as enough to have two meals the next day. Its even better the next day.


Lastly, Cam got the noodle dish. I didn't try it but it looked good. We had a lot of food leftover to take home. The service at this place is good. The staff has always been friendly. And this is the only place that I can think of that has dishes that continually get better as time goes on. But please. Stop changing your name.


No comments: