Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Fat Tour 2014 Part 2

Today me and J. did another Fat Tour (click here for part one). We knew that we were gonna head to Glazed again because bacon donuts. That's all I need to say. So we were trying to figure out what to eat. I am always bad at this unless I am craving something very specific. When I hang out with J. she likes to try things she hasn't before so I suggested Noodles Station Thai Street Food aka @Bangkok aka King & I. So we head over there and J. says “Is that the place with the closed sign?” I jumped out the car and saw that they were closed from 3:30pm to 5pm. What?!


We were gonna go to this new sandwich place on Melrose when J. started talking about a place at The Grove when I realized...Wood Ranch Bar & Grill! I haven't been to this place in probably two years. So we got there and there was a ton of parking which is super rare. We got a table quickly and ordered. We both got the strawberry lemonades. I only had two because I'm watching my figure. Ha!


Besides the delicious rolls they give you I got the bacon, barbecue burger with a side of fries. Damn it was good! The bacon was just...perfect. I did not have any leftovers and I was worried that I would be too full for our next trip for donuts.


J. got a tri-tip that looked good. I'll have to try it next time. She didn't seem all that happy with her macaroni and cheese. That side dish is always an iffy ordeal. You can get it and it can look amazing but taste bland or look alright but taste great. She loved the barbecue sauce which there is a bottle of at every table.


Next it was time for Glazed! We drove over there after having fits of laughter (which led to me discovering that I had a new laugh and J. had to pull over because she couldn't breathe from laughing too hard). I got a bacon donut, S'more, and randomly picked a cinnamon crumb donut that was one of the best tasting things ever. I split it with J. and she turned it up a notch by pouring caramel on hers.


J. got two bacon donuts and the S'more. She liked the S'more one more when she put the caramel sauce on it. The sauce tasted like melted Werther's Original's which is one of the best tasting candy's that has ever been created. Today's Fat Tour was very fun and I can only imagine what the next one will be like.

No comments: