Thursday, February 4, 2016

Poppy + Rose In Downtown

JP and I went to this place called Poppy + Rose located in downtown L.A. This is the first time we ventured from my area to grab something to eat and it was well worth it. This place is located a belch and a holler from Skid Row so be prepared for that. I sat on the little bench outside and when JP arrived we went straight to the counter and ordered. I got the Poppy Burger that was two quarter-pound patties, house coleslaw, bacon, caramelized onion, cheddar cheese, and house thousand island. It was...incredible. Pretty sure it made my top five favorite burgers. It was super good and if I were not in public it would have been a mess. I also got a side of fries and a Mexican Coke.


JP got the Fried Chicken Sandwich that had buttermilk-brined chicken thigh, house aioli, and house pickles. Imagine if Chik-Fil-A started making way better sandwiches. We share food because we love each other so she liked my burger and I liked her chicken sandwich. I'd definitely go back to this place again. The service was fast and the place is well spaced and bright. You should check it out for sure.  

No comments: