Sunday, March 8, 2015

Chip Taste Test

Camille gave me three bags of chips the other day because she loves me. She has a blog where she rates beers and chips called Potato Chips & Beer which you can check out by clicking all up in that link. The flavors she gave me were Lays Bacon & Cheddar Cheese, Lays Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger, and Lays Wavy Mango Salsa. I am washing these down with Sprite because the flavor isn't too strong and doesn't interfere with this test.

Lays Bacon & Cheddar Cheese

Smell: Slightly like sour cream and cheddar.

Look: Light skinned barbecue Lays.

Taste: Kinda like bacon but mostly like weak cheese. This isn't bad at all but since it has bacon it should taste like bacon. If you have these you can't drink anything because the flavor isn't strong enough to compliment anything.

Rating: 3 out of 5.

Lays Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger

Smell: Like a fight in a musty sushi restaurant. It smells like warm annoyance.

Look: Sour cream and onion Lays.

Taste: Blergh! Ugh. I can taste everything! I do not like ginger so this is not shocking. I keep smacking my lips. If you like ginger then you'll love this. I just had another one. Nope. I like wasabi but ginger is so strong that I just can not deal with this.

Rating: 1 out of 5.

Lays Wavy Mango Salsa

Smell: Mexican candy! Smells like damned Mexican candy and if you know me then you know I love me some Mexican candy!

Look: Dusted green and red thick Lays chips.

Taste: Okay. It tastes sweet but not as sweet as it smells. Its not bad. I'd eat these if they were on the table but not get excited if I saw them at the store. The more I am chewing the stronger it is getting but not in a good way. A few of these are fine for you.

Rating: 3 out of 5.

No comments: