Friday, November 25, 2011

Surprise Thanksgiving

Every year (except in 2009 when I was poor) I have done a huge dinner the weekend after Thanksgiving for close friends and family. This year I have struggled with whether or not to do it. I had met some new people and wanted them to experience it but then again I realize that my job, though full time, isn’t year round. Another huge factor was/is the fact that out of all the people that I invited last year I talk to only two of them on a regular basis. Will I do a dinner? Eventually. But as for now, no. Its just not in me. But that all changed when my tattoo artist came by yesterday.

I had worked the night before and didn’t feel like doing much of anything. I barely slept and woke up and cleaned and ironed. You know. The usual. My friend came by with some food and I had some and all of a sudden I had a surprise Thanksgiving dinner. Together we made turkey, my ham, mashed potatoes, my stuffing, soup, salad, corn, banana cheesecake, cranberry sauce, and a side of vegetables. I ate a tomato! We got hit with “the itis” and fell asleep a few times. Later after realizing that there was nothing at the theaters we wanted to see we headed to Santa Monica and walked on the 3rd Street Promenade before heading to The Pier and I got on the roller coaster for the first time there. It was insane! I screamed and we headed back to my place and watched movies. It turned out to be an awesome night and I’m glad she came by and snapped me out of my funk. I have enough food for a week in my fridge.

No comments: