Sunday, November 20, 2011

Joan's On Third

Yesterday Miss Fish and I went to this place called Joan’s On Third. I had to have passed this place hundreds of times and just never noticed it. I’m magical that way. Turns out she had worked there years ago and knew a few of the people that were still there. When we got there the place was super packed but it was fine because they kept the line moving really fast which was shocking because seriously, there was a lot of people there. I was still struggling to figure out what I wanted to get until it was time to actually order.

I decided to get the turkey meatloaf sandwich with a side of potato salad. I didn’t get a good photo of those but whatever. You can see them a little bit on the side of the picture. It was so damned good! Miss Fish got this chicken sandwich with a side of Brussels sprouts which I refused to go near. She offered and I could imagine that she knew I wouldn’t eat them. The sandwiches were cut in half so we each gave one another half of each. Both sandwiches were great and we were super happy.

For dessert that we ended up picking a Snicker’s cake. Oh my god! It was so good! We ate it at The Grove while drinking Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf outside and it was a great combination. The cake was big enough for two people and I couldn’t imagine trying to eat that on my own. Joan’s is a place that I’ll definitely be heading to again especially since its so close and I now know it exists.

No comments: