Monday, March 14, 2011

Calendar's On Wilshire

Last Sunday I went to Calendar’s. I was gonna call it Marie Calendar’s but have since been corrected that those are different places though they are connected. Kinda like The Cheesecake Factory and Grand Lux Café. I hadn’t been to this place since like 1996 and when I went back then I don’t even remember what I got. Me and Ms. L. headed here and got the buffet. Oh, it was awesome!

I started off with sausage, pulled pork, potatoes, ribs and a biscuit. Every single thing was good. Some places make ribs and the meat will be good but the sauce sucks or the sauce is amazing and you’re eating ribs from some animal that starved to death. No here! These ribs were pretty damned perfect. If I had some grape soda I would have been in heaven.
Photobucket

Ms. L. got a salad (you know I don’t roll like that) and a bunch of good looking chicken that I didn’t have any room for. I’ll try it next time for sure.
Photobucket

On my next plate (yes, next) I got more sausage, macaroni and cheese, pizza, and more potatoes. By this point I could barely stand. This whole time we are enjoying an endless supply of mimosas! The mimosas were really good and they used real orange juice. Who knows what the champagne was. It was good (meaning it worked).
Photobucket

Dessert time! Now, I messed up by eating so much because by the time it was time for sweets I was incapacitated. I got this cherry and something pie. I’m not sure what the something was but it was good. I really need to pace myself better.
Photobucket

Ms. L. got, uh, fruit. And some chocolate on the side. While she was getting it she saw that they had friggin’ tri-tipped steak over there! Why they gotta hide the meat with the vegetables and fruit knowing full and damn well I don’t go over there?! I was inconsolable.
Photobucket

If you got $20 and a big appetite head to Calendar’s on Wilshire (right by the La Brea Tar Pits and next to The Counter). You will get full, maybe drunk, and enjoy a very cool buffet with lots of choices and food that doesn’t look like kids had their hands all up in it.

No comments: