Sunday, March 31, 2024

Musso & Frank Grill


A few days ago L. and I went to Musso & Frank Grill for a late birthday celebration for me. We went to Craig's a few weeks ago (images were too dark to write a full post about it) and that was good. Went to Eddie V's last year and that was great. But this place was straight up incredible. I had heard of it for years but just assumed I could not ever afford to eat at a place like it especially since its right in the middle of Hollywood. Shockingly it came up to more than $100 cheaper than Eddie V's. Seriously, I was afraid to look at the receipt and smiled when I saw it.



For an appetizer L. got the onion soup. I had never tried onion soup before and it was great. She was not a huge fan of the cheese on top (she don't like the pull aspect) so I helped by eating most of that. It was good. We also got brocolini which was something else I had never eaten before and loved it. Tasted like it was roasted perfectly with an super smokey taste to it. We ended up with a total of three drinks. I got a Rob Roy which I had never had but heard of and it was might powerful. I usually drink once a year so and my tolerance has never been strong. I get drunk quick and easily. For meals L. got this massive chicken with garlic which was the juiciest chicken I had ever eaten. I got a bone in rib-eye steak which made me damn near melt in my seat when I took the first bite. Oh, and truffled macaroni and cheese which I enjoyed. We were both stuffed by the end and had some leftovers. Then they came up with a hot piece of brownie with ice cream on top. I made myself finish it.



Location: Right on Hollywood Blvd. Parking is right behind the place and cost only $14 which is amazing. You pay almost twice that just for the Pantages or anywhere in that area. Inside looks very classic with big tables and small booths to sit at. We sat at a booth and enjoyed the jazz music playing. Clean bathroom. Small, but clean. And the actual room felt good. Had a nice vibe to it and I felt very comfortable there.


Service: Really good service. Water was refilled but not crazy style like Craig's where as soon as you took a sip someone dove at your table. Our waiter was really nice and did not keep coming to the table to ask us questions. We did not feel rushed at all like we needed to hurry and eat so someone else could come sit down. We plan on going again as soon as we can.


Price: Shockingly low considering the location and reputation. I would go here once a month if I could. Everything we had was priced less than I thought it was be but worth so much more.

No comments: