Tuesday, October 25, 2022

More Way Too Late Food Posts

Since the summer I have eaten at a lot of different places and tried a lot of new food. Have I been posting about them? No! Why? Because I'm a bum that was also dealing with depression. Now that I'm not I will post about some of the good food I have had over the months. I don't have pictures of everything like Vito's that I went to with Cam but rest assured that we went there before seeing a play and enjoyed it like always. But that new server can go to hell. She rude.

At the Santa Monica Pier L. and I went to this really good seafood spot. I got poke because I have been obsessed with it for a couple years now. She got clam chowder. Both were really good and the service was incredibly fast.






We also went to Leimert Park and got some Ethiopian food at a festival. This was enough for three meals for me. Everything was good.



We got this place whose name I forget for delivery. This was the wackest ass chicken. Just zero flavor really and cost way too much to be so plain and a small amount. I wish I knew the name so I could warn everyone because the reviews for it were great. You could get KFC and get more food at a better taste than this. The flavored wings tasted like regular fried chicken. The chicken sandwich was just okay. It is called Starbird




We also went to Shake Shack because the place we really wanted to go to was out of food. Go figure. Y'all can keep this place. Its not gross or anything, but its not anything to write home about. You will just not be hungry anymore but I do not get the big deal. No wonder there are no lines anymore. The jig is up!






















The next day L. and I went to where we wanted which was Tail O' The Pup! The repoened nearby and we headed there and got some really good hot dogs and fries. I really liked this place. Friendly staff, food was quick, and way more seating than it appears from outside. There is a whole upstairs area. Will definitely be going back.






















Went to a seafood place with L. whose name I can not recall as well. Seriously, when I figure out the names of these places I will update this. I got shrimp and chips and it was really good. L. got some rolls and I forget what else right now. I really need to stop writing these so late. She also got this really good poke with large chips. I ate a little but wanted all of it. Fishbar in Manhattan Beach! She just told me the name.




Went to The Counter with Cam and enjoyed ourselves. I believe this was after a museum trip. Food was good as always. Just the service was bad. This used to be the best location but over the years its like they seriously just don't care and you have to chase down a server to get anything. They also have the worst paper straws. They stick to your lips.


Alcove was so good. We headed here for a bit and managed to find some street parking. I got a basic ass breakfast but the pancakes came with this really good butter that I would have eaten by itself. Cam got these little potatoes that were cooked perfectly. Vibe of the place was nice and the staff were really quick.
















JP came to visit! We got some Guisado's and this place is consistently good which is always nice. I got a couple of tacos and so did she. She also got a tamale. I'm not a huge fan of those. Maybe I had too many of the cheap ass ones as a child.
























They reopened Irv's over here and one day I decided to check it out. I want to take L. but wanted to make sure it was the same. Its not. The burgers taste completely different. Its not bad but I doubt I'll ever head back unless I just want a regular ass burger to not be hungry and don't wanna walk the extra block to 7/11. The fries are just fries like you can make at home. Again, it was not bad but it did not taste like Irv's at all that I used to have.






















Finally, this past week L. and I went to Duke's in Malibu. It has been years since I've been here and its still good. For appetizers I got poke tacos that were cute as hell and really good. Couple I have eaten three more? Maybe. L. got shrimp and I love shrimp and had a piece and made myself stop. For the main meal I got a big ass mango burger. It had mango sauce in it somewhere. While it tasted awesome it was messy and by the time I was finishing it the thing had fallen all apart. She got this thing with chicken and pork ribs and rice and macaroni. We got the Dine LA deal because otherwise...maybe not. Shit is expensive here.



















There were more places I ate but do not have pictures like Vito's and Lemonade and a lot of other spots.

No comments: