Saturday, November 19, 2022

Tacos, Ribs, Beef Wellington, and Chicken Sandwiches

In an effort to make sure I don't fall too far behind on these food blogs I am going to make sure I try and stay up to date with these. The first place I'm going to talk about is Guisado's where L. and I went to get some tacos. She had never been there before and I had been there of course with JP and I really like this place. We ended up getting some tacos that weren't exactly what she was expecting but she still kind of like them but she and I really loved the ceviche that they had. They normally do not have this all the time so it was a cool surprise and a half and after having a bite of hers I had to get my own. They also have very bionic lemonade.



The next place we went to and celebration of her birthday after she had been craving beef Wellington was a place called The Cat and the Fiddle. I have heard of this place and have passed it probably hundreds of times and never paid any attention to it but knew the name for some reason. After magically finding parking we went inside and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this place. The server was really cool as well. I ordered fish and chips and it also came with mushed peas which turn out the taste really good and I actually finished all of it. She got her beef Wellington and was happy with it. I also got a ginger beer and she got some ginger drink with Pims in it that tasted really good and if I drink that in the morning I would wake right up. I definitely want to try this place one more time.



Next up after not being able to figure out what we were going to eat we went to a place called Bryan's Pit BBQ at the Farmers Market near The Grove. She got a brisket sandwich I believe and I got these dinosaur ribs that came with macaroni and cheese as well as a really good potato salad and a giant chunk of garlic bread. I ate one of these entire ribs without even adding the sauce that's how well seasoned it was. It was enough for me to have two full meals and I was very happy with it.



Next up with Cam we went to a place she heard of called Chix Fly over on Slauson. You would never know that this place existed from the outside. It looks like a regular building sort of a liquor store and then when you walk inside it looks like a liquor store and then you start walking on the aisles and they have all these different seasonings and foods that are kind of difficult to find except that specialty stores. I ended up getting a chicken sandwich and fries and this is the most filling chicken sandwich I've ever had and it was delicious. It stayed crunchy the entire time and I could barely move after eating it. She got a platter of chicken strips. She got multiple pieces of chicken and I tried one and it was so damn good.




A few hours later after my stomach could handle it she asked me if I wanted to try these Cheetos. I had never seen these kind or heard of them. They were Mexican sweet corn flavored and on the first bite my brainless confused because I know what Cheetos are and I'm used to a particular taste my bite into them. But after the second when I said oh okay and then proceeded to eat way more than I should have and took the rest home. These are really good.


No comments: