Friday, December 27, 2019

Bunch of Burgers And Fat Tour



I have had a lot of burgers over the past few weeks. Lets start off with BJ's with Cam. We headed here because they are consistently good. I got a bacon burger while Cam got the pizza. It didn't really look like a pizza but she liked it. The burgers and fries here are really good. Nothing to scream about but good. Plus those fries stay hot until you say you are ready to go home.


Next Cam and I went to this place called Phat Daddy's Burgers over on 48th and Arlington. I had walked past this place once. After doing yard work Cam and I tried to figure out what to eat. Fuck Fred's. I said it once and I'll say it again: fuck Fred's. If you don't know months ago we placed an order and they didn't make it after waiting half an hour for it to be ready. Anyhoot, so she suggested Phat Daddy's and they had the food ready in ten minutes. I got a burger and Cam got a turkey burger and I'll be damned if they weren't so good! The burger had seasoned meat! And the fries? Come on on. Oh, and they serve Kool Aid. So yeah. New favorite place.


JP came to visit!!! It was Fat Tour time. We attempted to go to Guisado's and their punk asses were closed. Google didn't say they were closed! Yeah, we later found out that their official site said they were but still. We ended up at this place right next door called Hi Top. Its like a bar and grill place. JP got a fried chicken sandwich and I got a bacon burger with garlic fries. We split or food and I really liked everything and am glad that we managed to stumble upon this place.


We headed to Carmela and JP got her sweet potato ice cream (that managed to have just one marshmallow in it) and I got a pecan shake. It was good. Then we headed to SK's for some donuts. Kidding! They were closed too! Come on! We went to Bob's over at the Farmer's Market and grabbed some donuts before heading back home. Fat Tour complete!


Lastly today I went to Phat Daddy's once again with Cam. This time Cam got a turkey burger and a turkey taco and liked each. I got a fried chicken sandwich and it was really good. Chicken strips, onions, lettuce, and pickles. And, yes. I got the Kool Aid with it. I am gonna go back to this place again and try some more stuff. I like the staff at Phat Daddy. Just this man and woman cooking their asses off in that tiny place. And they are nice! Something that is lacking at Fred's. Fuck that place.

No comments: