Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Third Time In The Dog Haus



After getting amazing plants in Burbank Camille and I ended up going to Dog Haus. This is the third time I have been and each time it has been at a different location. This time I decided to get something different. I stared at the menu and got a burger. Yes. At a hot dog/sausage based place I got a burger. I am that person that goes to another country to eat McDonald's. The burger was really good. Like, surprisingly good. I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe for it to be a hot dog smashed into the shape of a patty. It was served on four connected Hawaiian rolls, fresh onions, lettuce, tomato, and a slightly spicy sauce. Very good. The fries tasted like Rally Burger fries but with less crunch. Still good. Camille got the chicken sandwich which looked really good. The only problem, which is a big problem that seems to haunt the chicken sandwich world, is the sogginess caused by the sauces used. A good chicken sandwich does not need a lot of...stuff. Look at Chick Fil A. They add a pickle the send you on your way. It seeped into her bread, also Hawaiian, and made it look as if the dough was not baked properly. She liked her tots though. I will for sure head back here whenever I get the chance. But if I get the chicken sandwich I will ask them to either put the toppings on the side or all of them on top of the chicken.

No comments: