Saturday, March 30, 2019

New Lay's Chips



Last week while traveling and buying more plants than I needed to Cam and I headed to a 7/11 and I remembered that we had not bought these new Lay's flavors the last time we were in one. So before I could buy them she threw her card in and paid for them. By the way, this 7/11 in North Hollywood was weird as fuck. Everyone inside was weird including the cashier that ran outside and she came back like everything was fine. She was umping from register to register with no warning. Anyhoot, we each got a bag of these new flavors. I tried all three. Not sure if Cam has yet.

The first I tried was the Lay's Flamin' Hot Dill Pickle. I tried just two chips in the car and ate the rest later on in the evening. These are not Flamin' Hot. I have tried every type of Flamin' brands and this is some new, weird shit. It made my left eye cry. Just that eye! The taste was spicier than it was hot. I did not sweat like when I eat other chips of this type. Just a watery eye and not much enjoyment. I don't know what these would even be good with. Water did nothing to rinse the spice away. The pickle smell was there more than the taste and I'm not a pickle chip fan all that much anyway. Wouldn't buy these again.

The next flavor I tried was the Beer & Cheese. This one was not bad. It tasted like cheddar chips from back in the 80's. I don't know which chips but I was transported back to a time when I was a child and food had lead and asbestos in it and we didn't care because it tasted good. I did not taste any beer in these which I should be grateful for. Don't want no crispy beer. I didn't hate these and didn't love them. They would probably taste good with a burger.

The last one I had was the Wavy Lime & Sea Salt. Did not like these at all. I had three, waited a few hours, and tried them again. These tasted like I was sleeping and someone ribbed a margarita glass across my lips. I have no idea what you would eat these with that would improve that dish. If you like lime and salty shit you would enjoy the hell out of these. Not me though. So out of three new chips I came away with no new candidates for regular purchase. Boo.

No comments: