Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Baby Blue's BBQ

I went to this place called Baby Blue's BBQ in West Hollywood yesterday for lunch. I had not been to this place in years and decided to get a burger and chicken even though I said I didn't want any chicken or a burger. Go figure. I ordered a Willie Brown Burger which has American cheese, maple bacon, onion rings, and barbecue sauce. It was so damned good. I just forgot to get fries which sucked but the burger was really good. It did not cripple me and was just the right size. Oh, and it tasted like it was barbecued. I know that sounds weird, but I have had burgers that claimed to be barbecued but tastes like smoke sauce.

I also got, because I'm a fat ass, the Smokin' Wings. They were really good but I made the mistake of getting the XXX sauce (Habanero, serrano, poblano, with pineapple, raspberry, and mango). Ooh, boy. These damned things had the back of my head sweating. They were good but next time I'll get something that my soft ass can handle. Oh, and they have Kool-Aid! Come on, now. You know I got some of that too. I also got some banana pudding for dessert. I was not planning on eating this all in one day but I did. I plan on getting the chicken sandwich today. And the Kool-Aid.

Update. The following day I headed back and got a chicken sandwich, Kool-Aid, and some fries. Nothing to write home about. Maybe I should have gotten the shredded chicken. Its a filet but a very thin piece that is folded over once. If it was fried (which I do not believe there is an option of) or seasoned well this would have been good because the salad on top and the bun were nice. The fries were seasoned and just limp. I was hoping for thick ones. I'll just stick with wings and try their links at some point.


No comments: