Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Two Weeks Lots To Eat



I have eaten so much food over the last couple of weeks. I was gonna do each of these as an individual blog but then I'd have to do like eight of them and between all the other random nonsense I fill my day with that was something I did not wanna do. The first place on the menu was Mel's over on Hollywood with Cam. We headed here during the AFI Fest. She got the turkey burger with fries while I got the Mel's Burger with cheese. She also got a shake that was good. I like this place because they are consistent with it. Except for that fried chicken sandwich that one time. That should never be on their menu. Oh. Her shake was vanilla and chocolate but tasted mostly like chocolate. They also thought we didn't pay and a waiter chased me to the corner. Made me regret leaving a tip.


The following weekend I went to Fritzi Coop with Miss J. I have been here a couple of times and really like it. The only thing that really keeps me from going more often or even thinking about it is the fact that it is at The Grove/Farmer's Market. I don't drive and I still think the parking sucks. I got a crispy chicken sandwich that was spicy. The pickles on it were spicier than the chicken and it made me sweat a bit but it was not terrible at all. I also got a side of tater tots while Miss J got this buffalo chicken nugget deal that was good.


The following week at AFI with Koko we went to some really good places there to watch that terrible movie Widows. I got PokiNometry which tasted so damned good. I got a butt load of shrimp and rice. She got ramen at a nearby location that had the slowest moving line ever called JINYA. I tore into my food because I was very hungry and the food was that good. The amount of time at the spot I went to depends on how fast the people in line are moving. One of my worst nightmares is someone reading multiple orders off of their phones and instead of looking at the menu while waiting they are texting folks. I will for sure go to this place again.


For Thanksgiving I didn't want any drama so I stayed away from my family and headed to a gathering at Cam's friends place. Everyone brought a dish and it gave me an excuse to make my ham. I cook it for four hours and covered it with Coke and brown sugar. I love making this because my whole house smells bomb as hell for hours. Everyone that tried it really liked it but that dude that brought the maple coated bacon won for dish of the evening.


This past Saturday JP came by and we had an Ultra Fat Tour. Normally we do three places but this time we headed to four of them. We started at Inti for some awesome ass Peruvian food. We of course got the ceviche. As always it was good. We also got the fried pla...you know what. We got what we always get when we go here because the food is always good and they bring it to you fast. Go there and be happy as hell.


Afterward we went to Donut Friend and got six of the caramel donuts because we do not play games. I got a Rice Krispie Treat style one that was just fine. Nothing magical about it. JP got this crème brulee deal that tasted so good and was way lighter and fluffier than we expected. And the hardened sugar top? Come on now. She got two of the coconut bacon donuts that I have not tried since that last time they tasted weird and not bacon-y. Love this place. If it were down the street they would know my name. We then headed to Galco and got some sodas. We did not go crazy like we have in the past. After that we went to Carmela's and got ice cream. I got a salted caramel in shake form while JP got the sweet potato but did not enjoy like she has in the past.


This past Sunday Cam and I went to Dog Haus in Burbank. We got a bunch of plants and she recalled one being in the area so we went and got stuffed. I got a Thai Kick sausage that tasted way too damned good with a vanilla shake and fries. Cam got a turkey corndog, root beer float, and tater tots. I think this was just the second time I've been to one of these places because they are in odd spots. Oh, and mine was served on a Hawaiian roll. Yeah.

No comments: