Friday, September 5, 2014

Dinner And A Movie

A couple of days ago before seeing the new movie Chef with my cousin Mala, Camille warned me not to see it hungry. I'd made that mistake before with Julie & Julia and suffered watching that woman bathe everything in butter while I munched on snuck in sour candies. So before we headed into the Arclight we ate at their cafe where I've never had a bad meal. I got the French dip sandwich with fries and a Sprite. Oh, my god, it was so good. It has crispy bread but it wasn't the kind that hurts when you bite into it. I've had sandwiches where the bread was so hard that I had to take the roof of my mouth to grief counseling afterward. This had a couple of types of cheeses and was made with juicy roast beef. Our waiter was really cool and at the cafe they ask what time your movie starts so they can get your food to you faster. It's great.

Mala got a good looking steak with chimichurri and she switched her side to a Caesar salad. I could tell she liked it by the way her eyes rolled when she cut into it and took a bite. I'll have to try it the next time I go. I'm sure many people skip past this place thinking it is expensive, but let me tell you, it isn't. If you're at the Arclight you are paying $32 for two tickets. They are worth it! The meal was less than $40. It may sound like a lot to some but I don't eat out as often as I used to so spending that much to enjoy a really good meal is more than worth the price. Next time you head to this theater enjoy your meal and a good movie all in one place. They have awesome booths, good service, and if you're feeling saucy you can get one of their adult beverages which are might powerful!

No comments: